Saturday, June 5, 2010

A Few of My Favorite Things...for summer

I do love summertime...and the livin is easy...

I have decorated my chalkboard pantry door with some of my favorite summer memories...
watermelon, swimming, lemonade, ice cream, flowers, green grass, strawberries, sno-cones, screened porch, vacation, popsicles, bicycles, picnics, fireflies, sunshine, tomatoes...

I forgot about flipflops and going barefooted.
Summertime has always been a favorite time for me. I have fond memories of all these things growing up. What are your favorite summertime memories?



7 comments:

Under Her Wings said...

I love your pantry door. We need one of those. It would be great for the grandkids. Right now they use chalk on our deck!

susan said...

I think you covered it! What a cute idea and cute illustrations! All my favorites too!

Shannon said...

Precious...I think one of our favorite things is sprinklers. Ha!

Sweet European Dreams said...

love the pantry door- great idea and it adds a ton of character to the kitchen. -diane

Allyson said...

Oh wow! I think that is the cutest thing ever! I love it! I makes me smile just looking at it!

We love cooking out, having pool parties and catching fireflies. When 4th of July rolls around, we love to sit out back and enjoy the fireworks exploding in the sky. Our house sits in the perfect location to enjoy several big productions! Watching our kids faces and seeing their excitement is priceless!

Glenda/MidSouth said...

I think your list pretty well covers it, but I have not been on a bike in so long that could be a disaster.
That trip to Muddy's cured my sweet tooth for a while. :-D
Have to get out in the heat this afternoon and I dread it.

Jenni said...

Hi Sheila~

I love it! First of all, just let me say how much I love chalkboard pantry doors, and yours is beautiful! Your idea of listing your favorite summer things is wonderful and it looks so cute how you did it! I wish we had fireflies here! :)

Have a beautiful day!