Thursday, May 10, 2012

Gnome Garden

I wanted to share a little picture of my recent project.  Instead of a fairy garden I made a gnome garden.  I have a Gnomeo and Juliet figurine, pink flamingoes, frogs, another gnome, a fish in a little pond, and some miniature plants.  An old greenhouse and a few miniature accessories completed the garden.  I used aquarium gravel for the walkpaths.  The base for my garden is an old broken birdbath basin.  My husband drilled holes in the bottom for drainage.  The grandsons enjoyed looking at the gnome community, and even put a few real baby frogs they found into the garden. Happy gardening,

2 comments:

RachelD said...

Awwwww, Sheila!! You know how I am about tiny tableaux! This one is just charming, and do I spy rosemary and thyme?

They be lucky frogs, for shure, for shure, to be put into such a welcoming garden by such kind hosts.

Hope all is well---I've missed you!

rachel

Glenda/MidSouth said...

So Cute ! Some time ago I thought about doing a fairy garden, but gave up the idea as it would not last long with all the squirrels around. They are always digging in the flower pots.
Have a great weekend and Mothers' Day.