Sunday, February 5, 2012

Sweet Potato chips

I just adore sweet potatoes...sweet potato casserole, sweet potato pie, baked sweet potatoes. You name it, I like 'em any way you can fix 'em. Here is a healthy and delicious treat if you like them as much as I do.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Peel your potatoes and slice them about 1/4 inch thick. I use my handy dandy mandoline, but a knife works just fine.

Toss them in a little olive oil and place on a lined or sprayed cookie sheet. You could line it with parchment paper, but I use Silpat sheets. They don't look too pretty after being used for a few years, but they work great.


Sprinkle with a little sea salt.
Bake for about 25 minutes, turning once.

We enjoy them with a little ketchup. Our dinner was pan sauteed fish with Greek seasoning, roasted asparagus, and roasted sweet potatoes...pretty healthy , and very delicious.




2 comments:

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Looks and sounds good. I rarely ever eat fries, but tried some sweet potatoes fries a while back and did not really care for them - to sweet.
Hope you enjoyed the weekend.

Danylle McLain said...

Yum! Thanks for this recipe, I am going to give it a try tonight.